By Shubhashis Gangopadhyay
Offered to: Class of 2020 and 2021
Prerequisites: Economics course at ISPP.
Office Hours: By Appointment.
The Law and Economics course is designed to make scholars understand the role of law in public policy for achieving social goals.
Through the course, the scholars will:
Chronology of topics (1 topic in each lecture)
1. Why study "law and economics"
2. Role of law in economics --- an economist's perspective
3. Economics of Private Property Law
4. Economics of Intellectual Property Law
5. Eminent domain
6. Economics of Contract Law
7. Economics of Tort Law
8. Compensation and Punishment
10. Wrapping up