Things to know before applying to ISPP!
The Indian School of Public Policy is the first design thinking focused school of public policy in India, founded with a vision to develop policy professionals with the knowledge, skills, wisdom and ethics to understand, design and implement local solutions to India’s enduring policy and governance challenges.
Filling an application can be an overwhelming process. Here’s what you need to know if you wish to study public policy and aim to join the ISPP community of policy leaders of tomorrow.
1. Yes, Indian School of Public Policy is in Delhi. The campus is located at the heart of the nation’s capital overlooking the picturesque urban forest of ‘Sanjay Van’ and the Qutub Minar.
2. There is no Application Fee! The application form to ISPP for the one-year programme is free of cost. Register now to apply for 2021-2022 admissions!
3. It is a One Year-Full Time Programme. ISPP’s postgraduate programme in Public Policy, Design & Management is a full-time, immersive and rigorous programme with an interdisciplinary curriculum divided into 8 terms of 6 weeks each across one-year. To know more about our curriculum, visit https://www.ispp.org.in/academics/.
4. Admission criteria at ISPP is background agnostic. You can apply to study public policy at ISPP with any educational and professional background. Applicants are encouraged to apply from across the spectrum, regardless of number of years or past work-experiences, present career or choice of discipline at the Bachelors’ or Masters’ level. ISPP is looking for a diverse, intellectually curious and socially conscious student body, open to a wide variety of career options within public policy, be it in the government, corporate or civil society organisations. As far as you’re an Indian national, you’re eligible to apply to ISPP.
5. There is an Admission Test. After registering on https://www.ispp.org.in/admissions-2021/, you have to fill the application form with necessary information. The quantitative and English proficiency test + a 300-word essay test will be conducted only after successful submission of the application form. This will be followed by a Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round after which the final admissions offer will be made to successful candidates.
6. There are scholarships and financial aid available. ISPP’s financial grants and bursaries support outstanding candidates with demonstrated excellence both inside and outside the classroom. Candidates would need to apply for a scholarship during the application process itself. The financial-aid decision is made on the basis of applicants’ adjusted household income that takes into account the income of all the members of their households, fixed assets, financial assets, financial liabilities and any other significant expense currently incurred by their households. Applicants should ensure that the information provided by them for financial-aid is true and accurate and is backed up by supporting documents. To know more, check out the financial aid section of the admissions page or write [email protected], or phone – +91 7303200363.
7. Connect with us! At ISPP, we’re constantly organising webinars, virtual info sessions and open houses that invite prospective scholars and applicants to get a sneak peek into the admissions process, the unique curriculum and other opportunities that are available to the ISPP scholars. In the past, these sessions have been extremely helpful to those who are interested in ISPP and look to get their queries addressed in a live session. Keep a look out for more of such events on our social media platforms.